What are cookies?
What types of cookies exist?
- Based on their ownership, cookies can be first-party or third-party:
- First-party cookies: These cookies are sent to the user’s terminal device from a device or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are the cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal device from a device or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but rather by another entity that processes the data obtained via the cookies.
- Based on their purpose, cookies can be of the following types:
- Technical cookies: These allow the user to browse a webpage, platform, or application and to use the different options or services that exist on it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying a sign-on, accessing restricted areas, recalling the parts of an order, carrying out the purchase of an order, making a request to register or participate in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content to playback videos or audio, or sharing content via social media platforms.
- Personalization cookies: These allow the user to access the service with certain general features predefined according to a series of criteria based on the user’s terminal, such as language, type of browser used to access the service, regional configuration from where the service is accessed etc.
- Analysis cookies: These allow the entity responsible for them to track and analyze the behavior of users on the websites they use. The information collected by this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms, and to create user profiles for the aforementioned websites, applications and platforms, with the aim of making improvements based on analysis of this user data.
- Advertising cookies: These allow the most efficient management possible of the advertising spaces which may have been included by the publisher on a webpage, application, or platform from which a service is requested, based on criteria such as the content published or the frequency of the appearance of ads.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies enable the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising space which the publisher may have included on a webpage, application, or platform from which a service is being requested. These cookies store information on users’ behavior, obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits. This enables the creation of a specific profile, and thus the appearance of relevant advertisements.
- Depending on the amount of time that cookies remain active, they are categorized as permanent cookies or session cookies:
- Session cookies: These cookies are designed to collect and store information while the user is accessing a website.
- Permanent cookies: With this type of cookie, data is stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed during the time period defined by the entity responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
What types of cookies does this website use?
Third-Party Tracking Tools; Google Analytics
The Tracking Tools we use include services we obtain from third parties.
We use Google Analytics. The information generated by Google Analytics will be transmitted to and stored by Google and will be subject to their privacy policies. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies, how they may be used, or the information they may collect, and we are not responsible for these third parties’ privacy policies. The information generated by Google Analytics will be subject to Google’s privacy policies. Learn more about Google’s partner services and how to opt-out of tracking of analytics by Google.
Third-party tools are available online and allow users to detect and deactivate cookies on each website they visit. (i.e., Ghostery: https://www.ghostery.com/about-ghostery/privacy-statements/, http://www.ghostery.com/faq).
How can I disable cookies on the main browsers?
You can configure your browser to accept or reject the installation of all or certain types of cookies, or to ask that you are notified when a cookie is installed. To do so: Each browser has specific configuration instructions: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
The present Cookies Policy was updated on 27/11/2019 © MEDDEAS (Spain) All rights reserved.